We all know that feeling. It’s getting late and you don’t want to make the trek to the closest grocery store, but you’re craving something sweet. Personally, I found myself in that scenario last night (and many other nights) and I was desperate to find a delicious, easy, and somewhat healthy recipe. I came across a banana oat muffin recipe that I decided to try out and it is absolutely one of my new favourites! The recipe is so easy to follow and you wont feel guilty for indulging a little, so why not try it out?
- 2 mashed ripe bananas
- 1 egg
- ½ cup milk of choice (I used almond)
- ¾ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup whole-wheat flour (I used oat flour)
- ½ cup quick oats
- ¼ cup sugar or sweetener of choice (honey and maple syrup also works)
- 1 ¾ tsp. baking powder
- ½ tsp. ground cinnamon
- ¼ tsp. salt
- Preheat oven to 375
- Combine bananas, egg, milk and vanilla in a large bowl and mix well
- Whisk flour, oats, sugar, baking powder, cinnamon and salt in a small bowl
- Stir the flour mixture into the banana mixture until just combined
- Fill muffin tins with 1/3 cup batter
- Bake 16 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted comes out clean
NUTRITION FACTS per serving
As always, feel free to make adjustments as you see fit. I would have added some nuts if I had some on hand, walnuts would be a yummy addition.
I have also created my own version of the infamous Tasty videos and included the link here if you’re looking for more direction on how to make these delicious muffins 🙂 I hope you enjoy them as much as I did!