For this weeks recipe post I decided to share one of my favourite burger recipes because BBQ season is upon yes! I don’t know about you, but I love grilling food and with the warm weather on its way why not get prepared 🙂
This recipe is super easy to make and is really cheap to prepare. If you don’t have all the required seasonings feel free to mix it up if that’s what you like, or try utilizing a bulk food store. That way you don’t have to spend a fortune on spices and can get however much you want.
Oh, I forgot to mention, these burgers are not like regular burgers. They also have a serving of vegetables thanks to the grated zucchini! You can’t even taste the zucchini but it guarantees a healthy, juicy dinner every time.
Now lets get started!
- 2 packages ground extra-lean turkey
- 4 medium zucchini, grated
- ½ tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 2 tsp. onion powder
- 2 tsp. dried basil
- 1 tsp. oregano
- 1 tsp. black pepper
- Set broiler on high, arrange rack so meat will be 2 inches from heat
- In a large bowl, combine grated zucchini, salt, onion powder, garlic powder, dried basil, oregano, pepper and then turkey
- Mix well
- Scoop out 4-5 oz. portions
- Place burgers on foil-lined baking sheet prepped with non-stick spray
- Cook in oven for 7 minutes
- Flip each burger and cook for additional 7 minutes
- Serve warm